Updated 3/9/2020 with 30 new Google review request text templates.
Using review request text templates to ask for a Google review is not some sort of bad practice. Sure, you could depend on email review request templates, but texts can be incredibly effective.
When you don’t have the time to write a personal message to every customer, a review request text template is an efficient way to give your happy customers a voice.
Besides, text messages have a 98% open rate and a 45% response rate. No other form of outreach comes close to these numbers.
So if you’re not using text messages to generate Google reviews, you’re leaving a lot of valuable social proof potential on the table. Google reviews are probably the most important type of reviews that you can earn for your business.
Where do business owners struggle? Brainstorming how to ask for the review in the text. There’s a valid fear of not knowing what to say. At the very least, you could simply say, “Review us on Google.” You don’t want to come off as scripted or formal, and it can be tricky to determine an appropriate tone for your customers to ask for feedback.
Not sure what to say or how to say it for your business?
I’ve got your back.
These sixty review request text templates are designed to get you up and running fast.
Of course, you may want to come up with your own or personalize these a lot more as you get more comfortable with using text messages for review generation.
Table of Contents
Discovering a tool to deliver your Google review request text templates
Review request text templates only works if you can get customers straight to your Google My Business listing and that Google review pop up window.
If you don’t make it easy for them, they’ll be prevented from writing positive reviews.
Google has finally made it a bit easier to find a review request link to send to your customers.
Our free Google Review Link Generator is a quick, easy solution to finding your review link as well.
You just plug in the name of your business and your zip code, and let it get to work. For the purposes of this demo, I used the Google My Business listing of a Mexican restaurant that I enjoy popping into from time to time.
Step 1: Enter the business name and zip code
Step 2: The tool verifies it's found the right place
Step 3: Copy/paste the recommended dialog into the review request text template
Step 4: Here's what your customers see. Yeah, I took a moment to leave one after snapping the screen shot. The place makes good fish tacos.
With this tool you can make sure it literally takes no more than 30 seconds for customers to leave a Google review on their smartphone.
General Review Request Text Templates
These basic standbys are meant to be professional, friendly, and workable for any industry.
1. Hey, [customer name], thanks for being our customer! Please consider leaving us a review. [Review link].
2. Hi, [customer name], thanks for stopping by today! Would you please take a moment to leave us some feedback? It should only take a minute. [Review link].
3. [Customer name], did we do a good job for you today? If so, please consider leaving us a review. [Review link].
4. It was great seeing you today, [customer name]! Would you kindly consider leaving us a review? [Review link].
5. Hi, [customer name], it’s [your business name]. If we provided top-notch service to you today, please consider taking a few seconds to leave us a review. [Review link].
Home Services Review Request Text Templates
These specific review request text templates give you an opportunity to encourage your existing customers to address one of the primary concerns new customers have about contractors. Whether you’re a roofer, plumber, or any type of contractor, getting home services reviews will have a massive impact on your business. And even though Google should be your primary focus, don’t forget about Houzz, Angie’s List, and HomeAdvisor.
6. Hi, [customer name], it’s [contractor]. Did the quality of our workmanship exceed your expectations today? If so, please consider leaving a review. [Review link].
7. Hey, [customer name], it’s [contractor name]. Did my guys arrive on time and treat you right today? Please leave your feedback here: [Review link].
8. Hi, [customer name]. Were you satisfied with the job [contractor name] completed for you today? If so, please consider leaving us a review. [Review link].
9. Hiring contractors is scary! If the service you got from [contractor name] was sublime instead of spooky, please help your fellow homeowners by leaving us a review. [Review link].
As you can see, you don’t need to be stiff and formal! Home services can get away with a little punch and personality, as long as the crew has done a great job.
Legal Industry Review Request Text Templates
10. Thanks for trusting me with your case, [client name]. If you feel like I’ve done a good job of representing you, please consider helping other clients find me by leaving a review. [Review link].
11. Now that your case is over, [client name], please let me know how I did. Did I do a good job of answering your questions and staying available? If so, please consider leaving a review. [Review link].
12. We enjoyed having you as our client, [client name]. Please consider taking a moment to leave us feedback on how we did. [Review link].
Asking for reviews via text can be just as professional as asking for them any other way. Keeping the interaction matter-of-fact and conservative reduces awkwardness for both the client and the attorney.
Hospitality Review Request Text Templates
13. How was your stay, [guest name]? Please take a moment to let us know! [Review link].
14. Thanks for choosing [hotel name] to be your hosts in [city name]. Please let us know how we did. [Review link].
15. We loved having you as our guest at [hotel name]. If you loved being our guest, please take a few seconds to tell us so! [Review link].
16. At [hotel/attraction/ restaurant name], we’re committed to excellence. Please help us improve for your fellow travelers by leaving us some fast feedback. [Review link].
This is the one industry where customers seem more than happy to talk all about the good, the bad, and the ugly, which means text review management is likely to be especially effective for this industry.
Healthcare Review Request Text Templates
These templates will help you address common patient “hot buttons,” even as you encourage them to comment. Doctor reviews and healthcare reviews in general are becoming more important as more people are writing reviews for their health practitioners. Beyond Google, you’re going to want to consider ZocDoc reviews.
17. How was the quality of our care today, [patient name]? Please take a moment to let us know. [Review link].
18. Did [doctor name] give you top-notch care today? Please give us your feedback here: [Review link].
19. Did you receive friendly, professional service today, [patient name]? If so, please take a few seconds to leave a review. [Review link].
Requesting reviews in this industry is a bit like having a good bedside manner. You need to remain professional, but upbeat.
Wedding Vendor Review Request Text Templates
Like businesses in the hospitality industry, businesses in the wedding industry need more reviews than average to stand out. Just make sure that your part in the festivities are complete before you send the text.
20. Say yes to the…review! If we did a great job at your wedding, please tell us so. [Review link].
21. [Customer name], did we help make your wedding magical? Help us help other couples! Please take a few seconds to tell us about your experience. [Review link].
22. [Customer name], did we make your wedding easier? If so, tell us how! Please leave a review by clicking here: [Review link].
23. [Customer name], now that the big day is done, we’d love to know how we did. Would you please leave us some feedback? Here’s the link to make it quick and easy: [Review link].
By the way, please don’t rely on using the word “bride” in your review requests.
You could be talking to the groom. The couple could be two grooms or two brides. The entire family could be into gender neutrality. You could be talking to the mother-in-law.
You don’t necessarily know, so don’t assume. If your assumptions (or personal views) alienate your customers, they don’t lose, you do.
Real Estate Review Request Text Templates
For realtors, getting reviews isn’t just about telling the internet how great you are. They serve the vital secondary purpose of helping to educate future customers. Phrasing can help make your reviews more useful. And if you’re not focusing your review generation efforts on Google reviews, Zillow reviews can be a smart option.
24. [Customer name], now that the closing is over, are you satisfied? Did I do a good job negotiating on your behalf? If so, please consider leaving a review! [Review link].
25. Congratulations on your new home, [customer name]! Did I do a good job of helping you navigate the buying process? Please let me know here: [Review link].
26. Congratulations on selling your home, [customer name]! Would you list your home with me again in the future? Feedback helps me improve. Please leave some here: [Review link].
27. Moving sucks, but hopefully my services didn’t! If I did a good job of helping you [buy/sell] your home, please consider leaving me a review. It’ll only take a second. [Review link].
Obviously knowing your audience is key. Not everyone will take #27 well. But for others, a joke like that will be the swiftest way to get the review you want!
Car Dealer Review Request Text Templates
28. [Customer name], was my service as awesome as that new car smell? I’d love to get your feedback! [Review link].
29. [Customer name], now that we’ve gotten you back on the road, please tell us how our service team did here at [dealership name]. You can leave your feedback here: [Review link].
30. [Customer name], did you have a great sales experience today? Please take a moment to let me know! [Review link].
The exact phrasing will depend on whether you’re sending the request as an individual (i.e., as the salesperson), or as the dealership itself (i.e., on behalf of the service team).
Senior Care Review Request Text Templates
The senior care industry is plagued by horror stories. Asking for reviews works in your favor in more ways than one. Actively requesting feedback can be a trust builder too. Convey a warm, friendly tone and an honest desire to know whether you’re providing outstanding care with the help of these review request text templates.
Usually you’ll be talking to the adult child of the senior you’re caring for.
31. How’s [mom/dad’s name], [customer name]? We want your [mother/father] to be as comfortable as possible. Could you take a moment to tell us how we’re doing? [Review Link]
32. Do you feel you can rely on [name of facility or care service], [customer name]? Tell us about your experiences with us so we can make improvements. [Review Link]
33. Finding the right senior care option is hard. Did you find the right one when you found us? Tell us here: [Review Link]
34. How do you feel about the quality of care that your [mother/father] gets from us? Tell us here: [Review Link]
These requests are of course open-ended, and you may get some feedback you wish you weren’t getting. Better for you to get it from a single customer in a single review so you can immediately address and improve it, than to find your senior care facility or service the subject of a big, damaging PR article about how your staff mistreated your charges.
Salon & Spa Review Request Text Templates
Salons and spas have a clientele who are especially receptive to text message requests.
The demographic is busy, affluent, on-the-go professionals who have the disposable income to use your services in order to look and feel their best. You can’t go wrong with generating review request texts around those themes.
35. Do you love your new look, [customer name]? Here’s your chance to let us know! [Review Link]
Do you feel great after your service today, [customer name]? Please tell us about it! [Review Link]
37. Loved getting your [service] today, [customer name]? Tell us how we can do even better the next time you come see us. Leave us your feedback here: [Review Link]
38. How was your time with [employee name] today, [customer name]? We want to know! Share your opinion here. [Review Link]
39. Thanks for choosing [Spa or Salon Name]! We loved taking care of you today. Got any feedback for us? [Review Link]
Obviously you want to build a long-standing relationship with your customers, which entices them to come back to your salon or spa multiple times throughout the year.
That won’t happen if they do you the favor of leaving a review only for you to pester them every time they get service.
Check your online reviews daily and make sure to segment customers off of your request list when you see that they’ve answered your request.
Accountants & Financial Advisors Review Request Text Templates
Like lawyers, accountants and financial advisors suffer from a bit of awkwardness over asking for reviews. At times, privacy concerns may come into play as well. The idea is to make the entire conversation casual and comfortable for all parties. These review request text templates are professional and low-pressure.
40. Thanks for trusting me with your money, [customer name]. I’m honored and hope to continue to serve you with integrity and skill. As you know, my business relies on referrals and recommendations from top clients like you. Would you consider helping others find me by leaving a review? [Review Link].
41. I’m asking my most important clients to help me make my services stronger. Would you consider leaving some feedback here? [Review Link].
42. Do you feel like I’m doing a good job with your finances, [client name]? If so, please consider leaving me a review. [Review Link].
To maintain a positive relationship with these clients, make sure you don’t spam their phone. Send one message at an appropriate time and stop.
Review Request Text Templates For Other Professionals
Consultants of every stripe (even marketing consultants), architects, engineers, and other professionals all increasingly rely on the review economy as well.
Any professional can use text messages to manage and generate reviews. The key is to have the tone of your messaging match the professional tone of your business.
43. Thanks for trusting me to take care of your [type of service] services, [customer name]. I want to make sure I’m doing a top-notch job for you. Would you consider leaving some feedback here? [Review link].
44. Congratulations on launching your [service type] project, [customer name]. If you feel like our firm was a big help in getting your project started, we’d love to hear from you. Please consider leaving feedback here. [Review link].
45. Has our firm been helpful to you? We rely on referrals and recommendations from clients like you. Please consider leaving a review to help other clients find us. [Review link].
46. We’re asking our top clients to help us become even more effective. Please consider giving us your honest feedback. [Review link].
47. Thanks for being a client. Are we doing a good job? Please consider letting us know by leaving a review. We know you’re busy, so we’re just asking you to leave a fast one here. [Review link].
Again, send these at an appropriate time and then stop. Don’t ask over and over again.
Review Request Text Templates For Retail Stores
Retail stores run the gamut. For some, they’re fun places where people go to indulge themselves and have fun. For others, visiting a retail store is a matter of necessity. Either way, every retail store has a hard battle: competing with the convenience of eCommerce stores.
Loyalty programs can help you get the phone numbers for opt-in text messaging. You can word these messages to help highlight what’s special about your store.
48. Did you find products at [Store Name] you couldn’t find anywhere else, [customer name]? We sure hope so! Let us know if you loved the variety by leaving your feedback here: [Review link].
49. Did you have fun shopping with us today, [customer name]? If so, please help other people find us by leaving us a review. [Review link].
50. Were our associates friendly and helpful today, [customer name]? Please tell us about your experience. Leave a review here: [Review link]. It’ll only take a few quick seconds!
51. We want to make our store the best [store type] in [city]. Can you help? [Review Link]
52. Reviews from loyal customers help us stay in business. Can you help by taking a few minutes to leave a review here? [Review Link]
You can also use text messages to send special coupons, deals, product, and event announcement.
If you make those announcements exclusive to your SMS list, you will reward these customers for their loyalty. Segment the list once someone has left a review to make sure you’re not constantly spamming them with review requests.
Property Managers Review Request Text Templates
Property management shares some things in common with real estate, but it’s distinct enough that I wanted to give this industry its own section.
People can be especially savage about reviewing rental properties, so gathering good reviews is even more important. So is responding to legitimate criticism you receive while gathering reviews.
53. How’s the new place, [renter’s name]? Is it living up to your expectations? Are we meeting all your needs? We’d love your feedback. [Review Link].
54. We want to offer the best apartments in the [city]. Help us out? Give us your thoughts on your living experience at this link: [Review Link].
55. At [Company Name], we love our residents. Thanks for being one of them! We want to make sure you feel the love too. Can you take a minute to leave us a review? [Review link].
56. Love life at [Property Name]? If so, would you be willing to help other tenants find us by leaving us a review? [Review Link]
57. Did you get the clean, quiet, comfortable home we promised you? Please let us know! [Review Link].
Try to get ahead of the game, targeting tenants about a month after they move into your property. They might still be feeling that ‘new place’ excitement, but have had some time to notice minor issues without having time to get truly fed up or unhappy.
Trying to catch them before they notice any issues at all will strike them as disingenuous and may backfire. It could also rob you of an opportunity to correct problems in a way that creates even happier customers.
Tours & Attraction Review Request Text Templates
Tours and attractions, use reviews to appeal primarily to tourists. People that you will probably never see again.
Reviews are an essential competitive factor, though. These tourists typically have 3 to 10 days to explore your area. Why should they come to you, instead of going to any of the other tours and attractions in your area?
These simple review request text templates keep the ask fun and effective.
58. Did you have fun with [Attraction or Tour Name]? If we made your visit to [city] great, please let us know! Here’s the review link: [Review Link].
59. Thanks for choosing [Attraction or Tour Name]! Did you enjoy your time with us? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Leave your review here: [Review Link].
60. You [visited us/took a tour with us] on [date], [customer name]. How’d we do? Your feedback helps us get better. Please let us know at: [Review Link].
Make sure you only ask once, about 3-5 days after the visit. With a bit of luck, you’ll catch your guest a few days after they’ve gotten home, at a time when they’re still full of good feelings about their time with you.
The bottom line when it comes to text message review requests
These aren’t hard guidelines. There’s no standardized, “right way” to ask your customer for a Google review. There’s only the way that matches your brand and your audience.
Don’t be afraid to experiment, so you can figure out what will get you the best response.
If you’re a local business, you need to get Google reviews. They continue to grow in importance. In fact, Google has started to use reviews in suggested answers when someone asks a question on your Google My Business profile.
Imagine your reviews answering your customers questions!
Frankly, you could ask for Google reviews with email templates, but text templates are probably even better.
Here are some email templates Carmen has broken down by industry: